Sunday, August 17, 2014

Got CAE?

As a long time facilitator of a CAE course of study, lots of association executives ask me why they should pursue the Certified Association Executive (CAE).  I've been a CAE since 1991 and I have to say that doors opened for me because I had my CAE. 

Pursuing certification is a sign of professional commitment, not only to your colleagues but to the association management profession. 

Of course you can be successful without your CAE, but the study to achieve the credential exposes candidates to the whole array of association management at its highest levels.  The exposure alone broadens your scope of vision about your current job, your current association and possibilities for the future.  The study effort expands your perspective and broadens your thinking. 

I believe that "how you think, is how you lead, is how you plan, is how you act".  Immersing yourself in the CAE content and the CAE way of thinking changes your leadership because your perspective changes. 

It is a powerful education in the association management profession.  In Michigan, we believe that the education to prepare for the CAE is the most impactful education you will receive inside the profession. 

No comments:

Post a Comment